Know Before You Go – Wildfires
As you may know, some areas of British Columbia are currently dealing with wildfires. However, British Columbia is a very large and diverse province, and there are many areas that are not impacted and are open for business. If you are currently visiting our province or planning a trip, please check the following resources for the latest information.
- Staff at these centres can help you with trip planning information, alternative routes and reservation changes.
- Drive BC is your source for information about road closures, major events and transportation delays.
- http://www.drivebc.ca/ or @DriveBC on Twitter
- BC Parks offers information regarding Provincial campgrounds and park closures.
- Recreation Sites and Trails offers alerts, closures and warnings regarding BC’s rustic campsites and recreational trails.
- The BC Wildfire Service offers a variety of resources, including:
- Interactive map of all active wildfires across the province.
- Twitter: @BCGovFireInfo
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BCForestFireInfo/
- Campfire bans, restrictions and forest use
- Emergency Info BC offers information about emergencies in BC, including evacuation orders and alerts.
- Twitter: @EmergencyInfoBC
- Check the BC Ministry of Environment website for updates on the Air Quality Health Index
We Recommend That You:
- Call your airline to ensure they are operating within your chosen destination.
- Check DriveBC to plan your route, and adapt your itinerary as needed.
- Call the businesses that you have made reservations with—operators can give you up-to-date information about the conditions around their property.
- Follow the above social media accounts for the latest news.
Emergency Social Services
Information regarding emergency reception centres and assistance.